Saturday, May 22, 2010

Sham Apron


Here is an apron I put together out of a quilted pillow sham for Mother's day. I sure hope my Mom likes it. I think it turned out pretty cute.
I picked up the quilted sham on sale at a quilt shop between Salt Lake and Provo.
I trimmed around the edge as close as possible. Then cut strips on the bias of the material for the strap, ties and part of the pocket. The trim pieces from the corners on the top of the apron were used to make the pocket. I picked up metal strap piece at Walmart for .$.75.
There was very little left over.

2 comments:

charlene said...

Dixie that is just so pretty I am sure she will love it !
Hugs

Nora said...

Dixie this is GORGEOUS! I love the blue, the shabby-chic look of it, & I'm just a sucker for vintage aprons! *LOL* Your mom will LOVE it, I'm sure!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails