Saturday, July 24, 2010

Pioneer Bonnets




I was asked to sew 11 bonnets that were cut out and ready to go. I had no instructions, not all the parts, and definitely not enough material. So I got creative and patched two together out of the scraps. How's that for fitting the pioneer theme?
I was told to use pop bottles for the visor. They were awful. Thank goodness for Walmart. I pick up plastic placemats for $1 and cut two visors. It worked great. I could not find any help on the web, so I put together some I learned through this process. I did not realize the picture was so blurry until after they were gone.
Here is a PDF with tips and more pictures to help you if you decide to take on a bonnet project.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [24 Jul 01:05pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

craftNmommy said...

You are awesome! Those turned out cute... :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails